Friday 8 May 2015

In Memoriam: Walter Wessell IV

I am usually pretty good at writing, but there are just some things that the heart shies away from. My nephew Wally, Walter W. Wessel IV, died on 30 April 2015, at the too-young age of 21.

There simply are no words. My heart aches for his lost potential, and for the suffering of my sister and her family.

Loved by many. Gone too soon,

Wally loved the outdoors especially spending time in the woods where his mind was free. He touched every person he met and left them with a smile on their face. 

He was a shining light that will be deeply missed by by his parents Vickie and Walter and his sister Amber Vandeneck. He will also be missed by his nieces, nephew, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and many great friends.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The funeral was today, so I will be heading back to Canada tomorrow afternoon.

      Delete
  3. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry for your loss. We lost a 20 year old cousin a couple of years ago and it's devastating. Losing someone who should have had his whole life ahead of him is really heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great picture of him. Sorry for y'all's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss. My heartfelt condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been steadfast in checking my blog and reading lists lately and then I read this. It may be late but my condolences for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late. Thank you, my friend.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.